Last Updated: 24/08/2020
We get information about you in a range of ways:
Information You Give Us
We may collect your name, physical address, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your occupation, level, or title), industry profile, as well as other information you directly give us on our Websites via forms, surveys, spreadsheets, PDFs, or hyperlinks.
Information via APIs and integrations
We may collect information you provide us through API access or integrations with other platforms, products, services, or systems that you explicitly grant Nord Learn access to.
Information We Get From Others
We may get information about you from other sources, including your website, news and other public sources. We may add this to information you provide us through our Websites.
Information Automatically Collected
We may collect information about the devices accessing our Websites. Some examples are: type of device, operating system used, application information, unique device identifiers and crash data. The type of information we collect depends on the type of device used and its settings.
We may automatically log information about you and your computer, subject, where necessary, to your consent. For example, like most services when visiting our website, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, pages you viewed, interactions with pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, location (your IP address), access times and information about your use of and actions on our website. This is information we collect from every visitor to the Website, whether they have an account or not. This information may include personal information.
As further described below, and subject, where applicable, to your consent, we automatically collect information from cookies and similar technologies (such as cookie ID and settings) to keep you logged in, to remember your preferences, personalize the experience, and to identify you and your device.
Third Party Cookies
Third party data
Nord Learn may receive data about organizations, industries, website visitors, marketing campaigns, and other matters related to our business from affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with other information we collect and might include aggregate level data.
Use of personal information
We may use personal information as follows:
- To operate, maintain, and improve the Website. This includes use of other information to support delivery of our services under contract, assist with service requests, monitor for errors, remedy security or technical issues, analyze website and application performances.
- To respond to comments and questions, verify permission access, and provide customer service.
- To send information including confirmations, invoices and billing, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages.
- To communicate notifications, system updates, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us. We may contact you to inform you about important services-related notices, such as privacy and policy update notices or changes in our terms of service. These communications are strictly necessary and you may not opt out of them.
- To link, aggregate, or combine user information with other personal information and data we collect.
- To provide and deliver products and service customers requests.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
Sharing of personal information
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- To fulfill our customers’ instructions.
- To comply with any applicable law.
- For legal, protection, information security, and safety purposes. Examples include enforcing contracts or policies, reporting on security breaches, or assisting with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- We may share customer and user access on the customer’s account. Administrators for the customer, authorized users and other designated representatives may be able to add, modify or restrict access. To comply with laws and regulatory requests. Examples include responding to lawful requests and legal or regulatory processes.
- With those who need it to do work for us. An example is granting a Nord Learn employee the necessary access in order to perform their duties.
- We may share aggregated or anonymized data through the product or content. We may disclose or use aggregated or anonymized data for any purpose, including but not limited to, reporting, marketing, content, analytics or research purposes.
- We will not share personal information with investors of the Company beyond any personal information that such investors are entitled to for customary legitimate business purposes.
- If we engage in or negotiate a merger, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding of some or all of Nord Learn’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all personal information may be shared or transferred subject to reasonable confidentiality restrictions with respect to personal information.
- We may share other information with consent with third parties when we have consent to do so.
- We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers to process information and support our services. An example would be cloud services for data center colocation and storage services.
- When Customers authorize access to customer data to third parties.
Access to customer information
Nord Learn limits its teams access to customer data and information as follows:
-All data is encrypted at rest for all data stores (databases, cache, etc)
-Nord Learn requires and enforces user access and authorization through secure logins and passwords
-Customer data access is audited, and limited to Nord Learn employees on a "least privilege" principle
-Nord Learn limits access to production environments on the basis of business need
-Nord Learn provides training to employees who are involved in the processing of Customer data to prevent data being used in an unauthorized manner, and to ensure the data is kept confidential
-Nord Learn immediately revokes all access to critical and non-critical systems upon employee termination (voluntary or involuntary)
Data encryption and management
-Nord Learn separates each of our customers' information and data and also maintains measures to prevent information or data from being exposed, accessed, or shared with other customers or partners
-Nord Learn uses standard SSL/TLS security on all web requests
-Nord Learn does not store passwords and credentials in plain text
Information choices and changes
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt-out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you that are necessary for fulfilling our obligations to our customers.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our website with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it may affect how our website works for you. We strive to provide you the tools to update your personal information. If you are unable to correct inaccurate information on your own, you may request our assistance to update such information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.